CFO Systems is actively engaged in the renewable energy and biofuels industries. Over the last several years the company’s team of experts have successfully completed a variety of engagements and built strong relationships with biofuel companies, investors and bankers. This practical expertise allows CFO Systems to serve companies looking to expand into the biofuels arena as more than just consultants, but instead as key members of an executive team prepared to increase efficiency and drive growth.
CFO Systems has provided the following services to companies in the renewable fuels industry:
- Controller and CFO for a three-plant development project
- Controller and CFO for several 50 million gallon plants in operation
- Controller and CFO for a 125 million gallon plant in operation
- Interim CFO for a plant reorganization
- CFO for a 220 million gallon plant in operation
- Financial Advisor to renewable energy investors and bankers
- Litigation support for a biofuels plant
- Management for local co-op grain elevators and their retail operations
- Securing financing for a $45mm bulge line to facilitate seasonal corn procurement
Our renewable energy team is led by Brett Frevert whose career includes many years in the ag industry. During his tenure at Deloitte, he served clients such as IBP, Inc. and ConAgra, Inc. Brett has also served as CFO for First Data Europe, Central BioEnergy, LLC, a development-stage ethanol company, and Heron Lake BioEnergy. He currently serves as CFO for Southwest Iowa Renewable Energy.
Brett is joined by on our biofuels team by:
Robert Sauer served as CFO of a two plant, 220 mgy ethanol company.
Neal Greenberg served as CFO of 50 mgy Heron Lake BioEnergy through its 2013 capital project and prepares SEC filings for three ethanol companies.
Edgar Hicks has worked at CBOT, FCStone and has served as a co-op general manager.
Mark Nelson has assisted clients in the livestock, grain and packing industries.