Governments are continually challenged with their dependence on taxes collected from sales and use, property, and other taxes. Combine that with reduced funding from federal agencies that negatively impact grants to local governments, pension obligations, and increased costs compared to declining revenues, and it is imperative that government agencies fully utilize their resources to encourage sustainability and smart planning.
Unfortunately, many local governments lack the resources to address fiscal concerns or workforce needs.
CFO Systems provides government entities with experienced part-time, interim, or timeshare executive financial and human resources leaders that can assist governments and agencies with all aspects of finance, accounting, and employment matters. From leading accounting departments to directing the recruitment and hiring of staff to aiding in securing financing, our government experts help contain the costs associated with senior-level staff while providing the partnerships needed to retain or move the entity on track.
CFO Systems can:
- Relay complex financial issues in a manner that all constituents can understand
- Design and implement forecasting and budgets
- Secure financing (GO bonds, revenue bonds, refunding bonds)
- Revamp complex reconciliations
- Improve and strengthen internal controls
- Liaise with finance departments, elected officials, bond underwriters, and analysts
- Meet disclosure/reporting requirements including first-year CAFR implementation
- Develop safety and other training programs
- Streamline operations
- Lead the HR function