A transportation company has engaged with CFO Systems twice. Both engagements entailed acting as an interim controller during the company’s search for a replacement. The second engagement, however, proved to be more challenging as the outgoing controller had no documented processes. Additionally, no balance sheet reconciliations been performed for a number of years.
Our CFO Systems professionals:
- Documented, in detail, all the daily, monthly, and annual processes
- Developed semi-automated comparative and 13-month rolling Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cash Flows reports
- Created and implemented operational reports utilizing key operating indicators
- Instituted the monthly reconciliation of all Balance Sheet accounts
- Helped return order and professionalism back to the financial department staff
- Played a key role in hiring a new controller
The company now has a qualified controller who fully understands the financial reporting process as well as a Balance Sheet that can successfully withstand an outside financial audit. In addition, the new controller has now taken on increasing responsibilities never granted to the predecessors, which demonstrates senior leadership’s confidence in the hire.